After a few fallow years, I’m resurrecting my “yearly project” for 2016. Some look like resolutions. Some look like rules. I just call it a vague plan. Why so many quantitative measures? Because I discovered that reasonable measures lead to more success than abstract resolutions.
In no particular order, my 16 for (20)16:
- Complete the 2016 Book Riot Read Harder, 2016 LEP Reading and my 2016 Read Right challenges. 64 books total isn’t a problem but the challenges will force me out of my comfort (and comfort-reading) zone.
- Face my fear and finally read The Pale King
- Get back on the horse and publish 12 education-related blog entries (more than just links and notes)
- Submit poems (or other writing) to 12 more publications
- Complete 48 creative writing sessions
- Including at least two 10+ day runs (poem-a-day, 2xl entries, etc.)
- Purge fountain pens and inks; keep only essentials
- Purge books at home and in storage; keep only essentials
- 100 intentional walks or visits to the gym
- Participate in a 10K (walk or run)
Cooking and Baking
- Learn to make excellent crumpets and English muffins
- Finish my quest for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich